This is very simple salad to add to any meal. Most of the time you can find these greens at the local grocery store, baby kale isn’t always around but you can use all arugula. The vinaigrette takes a little time but worth it.
Baby Arugula and Baby Kale with Caramelized Shallot Vinaigrette
- 3C baby arugula
- 3C baby kale
- 1C fresh beets cooked and sliced
- 2oz goat cheese
- 1 honey crisp apple
- 1 small shallot sliced
- 1tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4C olive oil + 1 tsp for shallots
- 1/4C apple cider vinegar
- 2Tbls agave nectar
- Salt and pepper
- In a skillet, heat 1tsp of oil and slowly cook shallots until dark and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Place cooked shallot, vinegar, remaining oil (1/4C), garlic, and agave in a food processor, blend well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Dress the arugula and kale in a bowl then portion onto plates and top with beets, goat cheese, and apple slices.