This is a simple and fun version of chicken fried rice. The farro changes the texture, giving it more bite and makes for a better meal as opposed to a side dish.
Chicken Fried Farro with Edamame
- 2C cooked farro and cold
- 8-10oz cooked chopped chicken breast
- 1/2C red onion small dice
- 1/2C red bell pepper small dice
- 1/2C shredded carrot
- 1/2C shelled edamame
- 1 Tbls oil
- 2 eggs
- 1Tbls water
- 2 Tbls low sodium soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the eggs and water thoroughly, cook in a thin layer in a larger pan, then remove and chop. Set this aside.
- In same pan heat oil and add onion, pepper, and carrot, cook until softened.
- Add farro and heat through.
- Add chicken, edamame, and egg, then soy sauce, heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.