Sometimes it may be difficult to think of a vegetable that is different and simple. We usually only have a few recipes in the arsenal. Here is something I tried that is clean with a little kick. Cauliflower is delicious raw but this oven roasted gives it just enough tenderness and draws out the flavor out. This can be served as a side to any dish, most recently I’ve been using it along side some Mexican dishes.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower with Turmeric and Cilantro
- 1 head cauliflower cut into large pieces
- 1 Tbls turmeric
- 1 tsp crushed chili pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano (fresh will work too)
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbls chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven 425°. Combine cauliflower, turmeric, chili pepper flakes, oregano, garlic, and olive oil in a bowl and combine well, season with salt and pepper and toss again. Check seasoning.
- Place on sheet tray and cook for about 20 minutes or until tops become golden.
- Remove and top with fresh chopped cilantro, serve hot.