The Kelly Rooney Foundation (KRF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was formed to continue Kelly’s pursuit of a generation of women fully empowered with the knowledge and ability to prevent breast cancer. KRF is driven to inspire support, research, and eradication of breast cancer in young women.
Each day we honor Kelly’s legacy by fulfilling her mission to:
- Fund breast cancer research aimed at finding a cure
- Support research, education, and awareness programs that provide information on risk factors, lifestyle choices, and other preventive actions
- Inspire others to take action to help create a world that is breast cancer free
Since inception in 2006, KRF has raised more than $1 million that has primarily funded two key initiatives:
- Raising awareness through Breastcancer.org
- Finding a cure through the Abramson Cancer Center at the University of Pennsylvania